About Me

My photo
garrett and morgan. raised in and around charlotte. married. registered architect and high school teacher. we have two sons and a daughter whom we adore and love to spend time with.

Thursday, September 29, 2011

In a week...

It's almost that time for Mason to arrive. A week from today, Thursday, October 6th, we are going into the hospital to be induced at 7:30 in the morning. I'm not looking forward to the whole waiting game all day though. The doctors are choosing to induce at 39 weeks because there is no benefit for Mason to be inside until 40 weeks. Plus, by going to 40 weeks, the risk of stillborn is higher, especially in Down Syndrome babies. Fortunately, everything looks good on my end and looks like inducing should be fine, although the average induction lasts 12 hours. No fun!! It's crazy to think that in a week or less we will be introducing our newest addition, Mason, into this world. Of course, I'm going crazy trying to get everything ready at school and making sure my lesson plans are in order and the sub has everything she needs. I think teaching is one of the only jobs that you just don't leave when you go on maternity leave. There is tons of work that goes into it and me being me, especially right now, wants it to be perfect. Knowing this, you would think I've packed and been ready for the hospital for a while. It's the complete opposite. No bags are packed, but the fridge is packed with food for when we get back home. I still need to clean my house this weekend, so hopefully Mason doesn't want to make his entrance too early. On the otherhand, Jay can't wait for Mason to get here because that's when we told him he could get his batman costume for Halloween. Telling him that Halloween was a month a way wasn't working and didn't make sense to him. To be three again and have no sense of time. Look for pictures this coming week after Mason is here.

2 comments:

Mandy Goldbach said...

I just have to post a comment now that Mason is HERE! Girl - God always has a plan and most of the time it's different from our wildest dreams!! So excited for his birth story and can't wait to meet Jay's little brother =)

GoMo said...

Mandy, this story is so outrageous we can't even believe it. Be looking for it sometime.