About Me

My photo
garrett and morgan. raised in and around charlotte. married. registered architect and high school teacher. we have two sons and a daughter whom we adore and love to spend time with.

Friday, April 26, 2013

Wrapping up 1.5 weeks

So we are coming to an end to this long 1.5 weeks that Garrett has been gone.  Tomorrow around 8:00 our time, Garrett starts his trek back to the US.  I warned him it would be cold and rainy, but what was I thinking?  Of course they will gladly come home to anything that is below 90 degrees rain or shine.  I know for those on the trip, AC and a nice shower will be the best commodity.

This week, I've been typing away each night trying to complete a 12 page paper (I know it does not sound like a lot, but I am a math major.) for an award I was nominated for.  I've been putting off until this time when Garrett was away.  I think with keeping the kids, getting them up each morning, getting dinner for them, putting them to bed each night, and then working until at least 10:00 each night, I am beat.

Today, we went to the ear doctor for Mason.  After going to the pediatrician a couple of times in the past, I knew that the tubes were no longer in his eardrums.  I was told once that Down Syndrome kids will most likely need tubes in their ears constantly to keep the fluid out.  After the doctor took the earwax along with the tubes out, he was able to see that Mason had fluid in his ears.  I also talked to him about the constant runny nose and coughing the past few weeks and he was pretty quick to suggest to take out his adenoids.  To make a long story short, on Monday, May 13th Mason will be getting tubes in and adenoids out, or at least part of his adenoids.  The doctor explained that Down Syndrome kids sometimes have cleft palats (which he doesn't believe that Mason has) or a partial cleft palat.  He will not know until he gets into surgery that day.  If his palat is fine, then he will proceed with removing all of the adenoids.  If the palat is partially cleft, he will only take a part of his adenoids.

We have survived this past week and we have 2 nights and a day and a half left before Garrett is home.  Tomorrow we have a t-ball game along with a birthday party to attend.  This should keep us pretty busy tomorrow.  We hope Garrett has nice flights home and makes it back on time on Sunday.

No comments: